- LIDA Events
- Upcoming Events
- Monthly Seminar Series
- Annual Film Festival
- Harbor School Students Scuba Dive
- View Past Events
AquaWoman Dive 2014
Saturday, August 2
You are invited to join a great group of women for this annual LIDA tradition! We plan to dive the USS San Diego aboard the GARLOO with CAPTAIN HANK GARVIN. The USS San Diego is 80ft to the top and 110ft to the sand.
If you would like to be a part of this exciting event, please mail a completed registration form (pdf) with a check PAYABLE to LIDA to: T. Julie Cohen 141 Sycamore Circle Stony Brook NY 11790
Contact Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. To prepare for this dive, consult your local dive shop regarding a specialty course.
- Captain Ken and Jean Marie Memorial Dive, and BBQ
Sunday, August 3
Once again it's time for the Captain Ken and Jean Marie Memorial Dive at the Ponquogue Bridge. High tide is at 2:06 PM. Following the dive will be a Pot Luck BBQ and raffle in the parking lot of the Ponquogue Bridge Marine Park. Please contact Freddie Hughes (will be there at 11:00 AM) for more information.
PLEASE BRING A SIDE (salad, appetizer, or dessert) to share with everyone. This year LIDA will take care of the meat portion of our meal...hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken, sausage, portabellas, etc..
There will not be a Chinese Auction this year, but we will have a 50/50 raffle, so bring money. We will also have a basket of cheer, so please bring beverages, wine, booze or mixers to add to the basket.
Raffle tickets will be $20 each and will be put back into the mix for any prizes given out. There will be a CLEAN port a let, so please keep it that way!
Since we have a limited number of permits please come early. Let's pray for nice weather. Please don't forget to car pool if all possible.
Remember to bring something to share on the grill.
Directions to Ponquogue Bridge
- Take the Long Island Express to exit 70S (south) to route 27 East
- Take exit 65S (south), which is route 24 to the end (Hampton Diner). Stay in left hand lane
- At the lights turn left (east) on to Montauk Highway (CR 80)
- At second set of lights turn right (south) on to Ponquogue Avenue
- Follow the road all the way down (approx. 1.5 miles)
- Turn left (east) on to Shinecock Road
- At second stop sign turn right (south) on to Foster Avenue (Coast Guard on North side of the bridge)
- Follow road around to left and continue over the new bridge
- Take left hand lane on other side of bridge
- Turn left at the light
- Take next left (almost immediately)
- Drive towards the end and then park wherever you can find a space.
- Program: TBD
Location: Nassau County Medical Center
Sponsored By: Long Island Divers Association - Free for LIDA members; $5 for non-members
Directions: The Nassau University Medical Center is located on Hempstead Turnpike in East Meadow between the Meadowbrook and Wantagh State Parkways and slightly east of Eisenhower Park. Map, Directions & Parking
The Long Island Divers Association (LIDA) was proud to sponsor the students from the Urban Assembly New York Harbor School on a special SCUBA diving adventure at the Ponquogue Bridge at Long Island's Shinnecock Inlet.
2015 Film Festival
Hofstra University Student Center Theater, Hempstead, NY