2017 LIDA Annual Film Festival
LIDA Film Festival Sponsors
The Long Island Divers Association is proud to present its Annual LIDA Film Festival. This highly anticipated event is the highlight of the diving season, as we bring together photographers and cinematographers to present a glimpse into our amazing underwater world. Our presentations feature images from around the world as well as our own backyard.
Each year, the Film Festival sells out, as divers from all around the area come together for a night of entertainment and enjoyment, as we both look back on the dive season just behind us, and look forward to future adventures. We welcome family and friends, divers and non-divers to join us for an evening not to be missed.
- Two hours of spectacular diving presentations
- Reception following presentations
- Meet with the presenters and discuss their experiences
- Door Prizes, Sponsor Raffle Prizes, 50/50 Raffle
- 1-ticket for $5 US, 3-tickets for $10 US, 8-tickets for $20 US
- Presentations begin promptly at 8:00 pm
- Reception to follow from 10:00 pm to midnight
Important: The Film Festival presentations will begin promptly at 8:00 pm. Please plan accordingly to arrive in time to be seated before the presentations begin to minimize interruptions, which will insure that all guests can enjoy the presentations to their fullest.
All current LIDA Members are eligible for advanced ticket sales for one month before general availability.
Ticket sales closed.
Evening Programs, Presenters and Sponsor Prizes
- Paul Cater Deaton - "Bethlehem in the Bohol Sea"
- Michael Salvarezza & Christopher Weaver - "Shades of Blue: Exploring the Central Atolls of the Maldives"
- Michel Labrecque & Julie Ouimet - "Clipperton: Cursed by Isolation"
- Renata Rojas & Joanna Lentini - "Sedna Epic Expedition: Bringing the Ocean to Eye Level"
- Larry Cohen & Olga Torrey - "Cuba: Back to the Future"
- Captains Stephen & Maureen Langevin - "USS Algol - The Demon Star"
- Sally Wahrmann & Mary McAllister Davis - "WWII on America's Shores"
- Michael Salvarezza - Emcee
- View Sponsor Prizes
Directions to Hofstra University, Student Center Theater
From eastern Long Island: Take the Northern State Parkway to the Meadowbrook Parkway heading South (Exit 31A) or take the Southern State Parkway to the Meadowbrook Parkway heading North (Exit 22N). Stay on the Meadowbrook Parkway until Exit M4 (sign reads "Hempstead" and "Coliseum"). This will be the exit for Hempstead Turnpike (Rt. 24) heading west. Follow the directions below - From Hempstead Turnpike.
From Hempstead Turnpike: Heading west on Hempstead Turnpike, you will pass the Nassau Coliseum entrance on your right. The next light will be Earle Ovington Boulevard (refer to the Campus Map for detail map information). Go under the first pedestrian bridge (#70), you should see the Sondra & David S. Mack Student Center (#31) on your right. Use the directions below to find general parking.
- Parking Field 6 - Continue west past Earl Ovington Boulevard and the first pedestrian bridge (#70). Go about 1000 feet to the next light. This is the California Avenue Gate Entrance to Hofstra University. Make a right turn onto Hofstra Boulevard. The first parking lot on your left is for staff only. Past this about 200 feet is the entrance to the general parking field 6 on your left. After parking, head south to the entrance of the Sondra & David S. Mack Student Center, where the theater is located. The main building entrance is shown on the Campus Satellite Image.
- Parking Field 7 - Continue west past Earle Ovington Boulevard and the first pedestrian bridge (#70), then go under the unispan bridge (#30) to the next light. Make a right turn onto Oak Street and proceed to the next light. Make a right turn onto Circle Road. This is one of the entrances to Hofstra University. Go past the guard booth and turn right into the first parking lot on your right. This is parking field 7. After parking, head north to the Sondra & David S. Mack Student Center where the theater is located. The main building entrance is shown on the Campus Satellite Image.
General directions to Hofstra University from Airports and surrounding areas.
For personalized directions and enhanced maps, click the links below.
Most GPS units allow you to select or search for Hofstra University in the Points of Interest section. If you need an address for navigation, use:
900 Fulton Avenue
Hempstead, NY 11550